Custom avatar ideas

Fellow players, this is a place where we can all hang out and chat about anything not directly related to the game. Examples being: ideas you want to bring up, other sites you have visited and so forth.

Moderator: Full Board Control

Custom avatar ideas

Postby Deathless on Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:40 pm

I plan to get myself a custom avatar before the year ends, so I'm kinda in the process of brainstorming what I want. At the moment I'm thinking...

Take Sneaky Pete (for the sunglasses) and add
Clockwork trenchcoat, hat, and pants (see below for hat and pants)
What would Sneaky Pete do? bracelet
Gun in one hand
Briefcase
Cheshire bat

Also, bear in mind my in game name is Deathless Assassin

Clockwork hat
Clockwork trenchcoat

Other ideas? I was also kinda thinking of having him hold a head dripping with blood instead of a briefcase
On a quest to catch 'em all! 39/59 familiars so far, next goal is a Cheshire Bat.
Deathless
Otorian
Otorian

Postby Tibbiara on Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:43 pm

Hmmm. I would be inclined to go more simple than anything; you've got a lot of details there, and too many details in a custom avatar kind of makes things look clunky, in my opinion. (Also, not all of them are particularly visible on each other; the trenchcoat sort of makes the pants redundant.)

What I would do, with that set of ideas: use the Sneaky Pete/Disco Bandit head, with the hat and trenchcoat, and do the gun and briefcase. Ditch the pants (probably not very visible under the trenchcoat), the bracelet (ditto), and the Bitten (cute, but distracting). That should make you look pretty awesome.

(I should consider getting a custom avatar, but I have no ideas. Alas...)
Tibbiara
Shogun
Shogun

Postby Slashor on Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:26 am

The top one sucks. If you got a trenchcoat to look nicer that would be quite a good avatar. Simplicity always wins. The best avatars are always quite simple and don't have 20 elements in the avatar.
Slashor
Friend
Friend

Postby melonmuncher on Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:49 am

I agree. Simple wins. Also remember, a rushed avatar = a crappy avatar in my opinion.
melonmuncher
Friend
Friend

Postby Deathless on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:16 am

For the record, I didn't make either of those, I just found them in the custom avatar gallery on the wiki. Ideally the trenchcoat wouldn't suck so bad ;)

So just go for Sneaky Pete with coat, gun, hat, and case?
On a quest to catch 'em all! 39/59 familiars so far, next goal is a Cheshire Bat.
Deathless
Otorian
Otorian

Return to The Discussion Board