Rank My Pulls?

This board is open to spoilers, so beware! This is the place to chat about the latest changes to the game and also the place to ask questions about the game. Newb help, as some may call it.

Moderator: Full Board Control

Rank My Pulls?

Postby Jump The Shark on Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:39 pm

Can you judge my pulls from hangks in days 1, 2 and possibly 3?

Day 1:

2 Black Loti
3 Mr. A
2 Ice Sickles
4 Hi Meins
1 TPS Drink
2 TPS Mixer
2 TPS Base Drink
1 Funky Brass Fez
1 Clockwork Maid
1 Bartender-in-the-box
1 Rock N Roll Legend

Day 2:

4 Hi Meins
3 TPS Base Drinks
3 TPS Mixers
3 Ores
1 Snowboarder Pants
1 eXtreme Scarf
1 eXtreme mittens
1 Swashbuckling Pants
1 Stuffed Shoulder Parrot
1 Eyepatch
(I have one pull left)

Day 3:

4 Hi Meins
2 TPS Base Drinks
2 TPS Mixers
Star Garb
The keys i dont have if im still in ronin

Note: On day 3, i usually burn some time at the castle until im out of ronin so i can take all stuff out of hagnks and charge the castle.
"Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
Jump The Shark
Otorian
Otorian

Postby Fysk on Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:01 pm

The first thing that jumps out at me is why are you pulling the snowboarding gear? Elemental Saucesphere is perfectly good enough for the quest, and if you don't have that permed then I think a ring of cold resistance will do.

I've been using a TPS drink and two superhuman drinks lately, topped off with a second TPS drink. It might be slightly more expensive, but that would probably give you more turns, and you could pull the drinks pre-mixed to save on pulls.
Fysk
Otorian
Otorian

Postby Tibbiara on Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:11 pm

Yeah, I copy Fysk's concern on why you're pulling the whole eXtreme outfit. If you don't have ESaucesphere or Astral Shell, then there are at least three items that will do this for you in one pull -- ring of cold resistance, balaclava, and dungeoneer's dungarees. Even if you're doing yeti farming, the slightly diminished cold resistance from using one of those is cancelled out by having two more equipment slots to use better equipment in.
Tibbiara
Shogun
Shogun

Postby Jump The Shark on Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:29 pm

Thanks for the comments, but i pull it for the quest aspect, when you need to go to the trapzor with the equipment on. But i will add those things into consideration for this run :)

Any other comments?
"Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
Jump The Shark
Otorian
Otorian

Postby Fysk on Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:51 pm

Thanks for the comments, but i pull it for the quest aspect, when you need to go to the trapzor with the equipment on.
You don't need to go to the trapzor with it on, though. At the same point in the game you could also farm yourself a hot and cold running ninja suit, and that will work too. The quest doesn't actually check what you're wearing, just that you have enough cold resistance to adventure at the Peak. Hitting yourself with one shot of Elemental will complete that section just the same - I do it every time I get to that quest.

All the quest needs is some cold resistance, just like you can do guano junction without an air-freshener in exactly the same way.
Fysk
Otorian
Otorian

Postby Jump The Shark on Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:02 pm

Fysk wrote:
Thanks for the comments, but i pull it for the quest aspect, when you need to go to the trapzor with the equipment on.
You don't need to go to the trapzor with it on, though. At the same point in the game you could also farm yourself a hot and cold running ninja suit, and that will work too. The quest doesn't actually check what you're wearing, just that you have enough cold resistance to adventure at the Peak. Hitting yourself with one shot of Elemental will complete that section just the same - I do it every time I get to that quest.

All the quest needs is some cold resistance, just like you can do guano junction without an air-freshener in exactly the same way.

Wow, i never knew that. Thanks so much :)
Jump The Shark
Otorian
Otorian

Postby sage36 on Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:05 am

Also, I think that with the proper +ML equipment and buffs, maybe it would be more efficent to use a hovering sombrero instead of the monkey.

Also, if you are trying to make 2-dayers, probably eliminating drawing the swashbuckling outfit would be a good idea
"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time." -- Robin Williams
sage36
Honoured Otorian
Honoured Otorian

Postby Slashor on Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:13 am

Are you aiming for 3-dayers or 2-dayers? For either one your whole pull structure is out. You waste far too much meat for a 3-dayer and don't have the right equipment for a 2-dayer. If you tell me which one you do I can come up with a pretty good list. One point, you should never pull a costume set completely, adventure for it when the stats are nice and maybe pull the final piece. I do 3-dayers easily with under 40 pulls and could probably go less if I wasn't lazy. You should have no trouble in the castle even before ronin. I only enter ronin because I am too lazy to pull the keys and other items for the lair. Then I just let mafia do it for me.
Slashor
Friend
Friend

Postby Jump The Shark on Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:18 pm

I spend so much because when im not a myst class im basically addicted to soda waters, i only have 14ish banked skills and i often use LTS to kill enemies when i have + ML going. And i always tend to buff myself up =/

If anyone has any tips they can find me on AIM or pm me
Jump The Shark
Otorian
Otorian

Postby Slashor on Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:29 am

If you are doing 3-dayers then LTS and heaps of MP restorers is a waste of meat. If you are doing 2-dayers then the tactics change completely. If you answer the question I can help.
Slashor
Friend
Friend

Postby Jump The Shark on Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:41 am

Im doing 3 days at the moment. I dont have the RL time to play like 480 turns a day involved with 2 days.

What should i do? Lend me your wisdom :)
Jump The Shark
Otorian
Otorian

Re: Rank My Pulls?

Postby Slashor on Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:08 am

Day 1:
3 Mr. A
2 Ice Sickles
4 Hi Meins
1 TPS Drink
2 TPS Mixer
2 TPS Base Drink
1 Funky Brass Fez
1 Bartender-in-the-box
1 Rock N Roll Legend

Day 2:
4 Hi Meins
3 TPS Base Drinks
3 TPS Mixers
3 Ores
Get Elemental Saucesphere
Adventure at the cove as you should get them all within 20 turns. If not pull what you don't have.
If you want you may pull goat cheese to get to the peak faster.

Day 3:
4 Hi Meins
2 TPS Base Drinks
2 TPS Mixers

You don't need to pull anything else on day 3 as you should be able to get out of ronin with plenty of turns left. I can easily complete an ascension with pulling any meat items with just a volleyball. You should have no need to pull loti with the monkey. I would not pull the Sickles. They are worth more trouble than there benefits. You will save a lot of time by either using normal weapons or pulling a strong one without +ML.

With TPS ingredients it is quite possible to farm some in the menagerie to save some pulls. Always drink last in the day in case you get some. To save time I also pull the bitchin meat car and dingy planks. You should have the pulls spare by the second day and may be able to make the meat engine if you get lucky and adventure at the knoll. The bartender is nice just because I am lazy. The clockwork maid is a waste of meat and not needed at all.

If you have issues with this ask me as that is what I do with basically the exact same equipment and can consistently and easily ascend every three days. I aim my pulls for speed of adventuring so the less time I spend playing the game the better because it does get boring.
Slashor
Friend
Friend

Re: Rank My Pulls?

Postby Jump The Shark on Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:52 pm

Slashor wrote:Day 1:
3 Mr. A
2 Ice Sickles
4 Hi Meins
1 TPS Drink
2 TPS Mixer
2 TPS Base Drink
1 Funky Brass Fez
1 Bartender-in-the-box
1 Rock N Roll Legend

Day 2:
4 Hi Meins
3 TPS Base Drinks
3 TPS Mixers
3 Ores
Get Elemental Saucesphere
Adventure at the cove as you should get them all within 20 turns. If not pull what you don't have.
If you want you may pull goat cheese to get to the peak faster.

Day 3:
4 Hi Meins
2 TPS Base Drinks
2 TPS Mixers

You don't need to pull anything else on day 3 as you should be able to get out of ronin with plenty of turns left. I can easily complete an ascension with pulling any meat items with just a volleyball. You should have no need to pull loti with the monkey. I would not pull the Sickles. They are worth more trouble than there benefits. You will save a lot of time by either using normal weapons or pulling a strong one without +ML.

With TPS ingredients it is quite possible to farm some in the menagerie to save some pulls. Always drink last in the day in case you get some. To save time I also pull the bitchin meat car and dingy planks. You should have the pulls spare by the second day and may be able to make the meat engine if you get lucky and adventure at the knoll. The bartender is nice just because I am lazy. The clockwork maid is a waste of meat and not needed at all.

If you have issues with this ask me as that is what I do with basically the exact same equipment and can consistently and easily ascend every three days. I aim my pulls for speed of adventuring so the less time I spend playing the game the better because it does get boring.

Very, very nice. It is true that the ice sickles are holding me back, they cost alot with soda waters and all that. I can see myself pulling a fac dictionary though to buy some to keep up my buffs.

If i could shake your hand, i would.
Jump The Shark
Otorian
Otorian

Postby Slashor on Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:48 am

Normally I would pull nothing on the third day or something trivial like a scroll of drastic healing. If you can't ascend nicely with this list then I can give you help on how to adventure and possibly what other skills you need for this to work easily. The whole list makes for easy 3-day ascensions. It is impossible to make a 2-dayer with my pull list and it does rely on getting out of the ronin period. One other point, using the new hi-meins on the first day is a nice way to increase your sub-stats a bit. The effect is negligible on later days.
Slashor
Friend
Friend

Postby Jump The Shark on Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:52 am

Just an update: I have banked enough skills where i can easily do a 3 day without + ML gear.

The difference is only about 20 turns in the end, and i still had 70 adv left when i ascended. So thanks for the tip, cause it worked :)
Jump The Shark
Otorian
Otorian

Postby Slashor on Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:52 am

Awesome, if you plan of getting level 15 skills you can do it in 4 days. I was very close to doing one with bad usage of stat days. I got to level 15 with not enough turns to complete the NS and other things. If changed the order of quests I could have done it in 4 and if I fixed up the stat days I could have done it easily in 4.
Slashor
Friend
Friend

Return to The Game Board