New Guild Quest

This board is open to spoilers, so beware! This is the place to chat about the latest changes to the game and also the place to ask questions about the game. Newb help, as some may call it.

Moderator: Full Board Control

New Guild Quest

Postby Slashor on Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:34 am

Whitey's Grove has been modified and it also is part of a new quest. Adventuring is all that is required for the quest. You will open up a new area and then you have to adventure until you get 4 different encounter/adventure/drops which will then yield a new NPC market and also satisfy the quest.

The item you get for completing it is different for each class but mine gave +7% meat and +7% item drops which is cool but nothing special. It is also an accessory.
Slashor
Friend
Friend

Postby Mr Mart on Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:03 am

Yeh mine is the same I find it usefull for farming the peak. We could see a slight decline in Toy Trains being bought from now on if this is a permanent quest.
Mr Mart
Friend
Friend

Postby MasterPolka on Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:15 pm

Im a seal clubber and got the same said item.
I wonder if all the items do he same thing but jst look diffrent. if thats the case their like the epic hats (except slightly worse in this case) epenis for haveing them all, but nothing to brag about.
ImageImageImage
MasterPolka
Kaizoku
Kaizoku

Postby Tibbiara on Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:06 pm

MasterPolka wrote:Im a seal clubber and got the same said item.
I wonder if all the items do he same thing but jst look diffrent. if thats the case their like the epic hats (except slightly worse in this case) epenis for haveing them all, but nothing to brag about.

Er, to my knowledge each guild gives the exact same item, the lucky rabbit's foot. Has anyone gotten something different?
Tibbiara
Shogun
Shogun

Postby Imon on Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:59 am

no, it's the same for every class.
Imon
Otorian
Otorian

Postby Alhanna on Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:40 am

Yeah you always get the rabbits foot

Im kinda excited about them honestly - this has the potential for making HC runs a slight bit easier
Alhanna
Kaizoku
Kaizoku

Postby Xarous on Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:46 am

I love the new area...really I do...and did anyone notice the killer stat gains...like +30 substat non-mob adventures? At low levels it is awesome quest. Just build your car fast. :) Or pull one you silly Softcore people.
Xarous
Otorian
Otorian

Postby Tibbiara on Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:54 am

Xarous wrote:I love the new area...really I do...and did anyone notice the killer stat gains...like +30 substat non-mob adventures? At low levels it is awesome quest. Just build your car fast. :) Or pull one you silly Softcore people.

The only problem there is that your guild dude won't give you the quest 'til level 7 regardless, at which point the encounters are quite easy... still, the drops are sweet.
Tibbiara
Shogun
Shogun

Postby Xarous on Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:01 am

Tibbiara wrote:
Xarous wrote:I love the new area...really I do...and did anyone notice the killer stat gains...like +30 substat non-mob adventures? At low levels it is awesome quest. Just build your car fast. :) Or pull one you silly Softcore people.

The only problem there is that your guild dude won't give you the quest 'til level 7 regardless, at which point the encounters are quite easy... still, the drops are sweet.

PWNED

Sorry did not know it was a lvl 7 quest....bah seems easy for lvl 7....I am kicking the Bonerdragon at lvl 7, not some silly cheetah and such....
Xarous
Otorian
Otorian

Postby Tibbiara on Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:42 am

For a level 7 quest, it's really easy; I haven't exactly spaded it out, but the enemies appear to be easier than the Friars Gate demons. The only difficult thing about the quest is the extensive RNG elements that mean it takes a while.
Tibbiara
Shogun
Shogun

Postby Alhanna on Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:43 am

do we know f it HAS to be done yet - in order to ascend that is
Alhanna
Kaizoku
Kaizoku

Postby Xarous on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:09 am

It does not. Or at least did not have to be when it was rolled out, one of my multis ascended without talking to Blaine after the meatcar quest.
Xarous
Otorian
Otorian

Postby Spcae Maggot on Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:26 pm

All guild quests bar the meat car quest will be optional.
Spcae Maggot
Honoured Otorian
Honoured Otorian

Postby Tagliatelle on Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:36 pm

And the meatcar quest is only compulsory because there is no other way to reach the Mysterious Island. Basically, the guild quests are designed to be optional extras.
Tagliatelle
Shogun
Shogun

Postby Tibbiara on Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:46 pm

I am still sort of hoping that there's a mid-7 quest with monsters a little more powerful than the Cyrpt monsters in the works, since the second half of level 7 may be the most boring section of the game at this point (although the second half of level 8 certainly competes).
Tibbiara
Shogun
Shogun

Postby Spcae Maggot on Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:55 pm

If you doing hardcore runs you could always hit up the dungeons of doom and/or pirate cove at that stage, that is if you can afford it.
Spcae Maggot
Honoured Otorian
Honoured Otorian

Postby Tibbiara on Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:14 pm

Spcae Maggot wrote:If you doing hardcore runs you could always hit up the dungeons of doom and/or pirate cove at that stage, that is if you can afford it.

That's what I usually do, and for the pirates, it works all right. The only problem is that the Dungeon monsters aren't terribly powerful (I don't remember the exact ML, but they seem to give experience similarly to hippies or low-end demons, which is not great at level 7) and the Cove has enough non-combat and choice adventures to get tiresome after a while. I should probably be hitting the Menagerie, really...
Tibbiara
Shogun
Shogun

Postby Xarous on Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:32 am

I boost the ML and then farm for my red/white pixels, since I don't have funkslinging. (I am HC:P)
Xarous
Otorian
Otorian

Return to The Game Board