Levelling

This board is open to spoilers, so beware! This is the place to chat about the latest changes to the game and also the place to ask questions about the game. Newb help, as some may call it.

Moderator: Full Board Control

Levelling

Postby Slashor on Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:43 am

With the introduction of the level 30 trophies power-leveling is now not only the domain of old school players and bots. The must be optimum areas to adventure in for each level but there are new skills and areas since last power-leveling was done on a largish scale. The area to use adventures in are the Castle, Clan Gym, Zodiac Gym, Shore and the Basement.

Previously the Shore became better at level 20 over the Castle but due to non-combat increaser's this point has probably changed. The Clan Gym is capped at level 15 and has never been a real option unless you are over-drunk and need to burn turns. The Basement is always the best option I think but is limited in how many turns you can spend there and is typically the most expensive option to pursue. The Zodiac Gym is better than the Shore but I don't know at which point it is but I think it is almost always better although I could be wrong.

One other feature I am unsure of the Haunted areas. Normal adventuring may beat the castle but I know no figures on it. With clovers certain areas there become very fast for leveling.

An Hardcore OxygeNation guide of power leveling up to level 15 that has some useful points.

Does anyone know exact figures or a guide someone has written yet?
Slashor
Friend
Friend

Re: Levelling

Postby sage36 on Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:19 am

Slashor wrote:One other feature I am unsure of the Haunted areas. Normal adventuring may beat the castle but I know no figures on it. With clovers certain areas there become very fast for leveling.

It is always better to go to the gallery. You get a much higher chance of getting the stat boost... provided you have mapped out the louvre of course. In addition, you never get a non-combat besides the maze that would cost you to burn a turn w/o a fight... unlike the castle, which is the main problem there

Another powerleveling guide is here

It's slightly outdated... but it should suffice... look at the posts closer to the bottom of the 1st page for more relavent info... I'm unsure if you need an IP account... but I'm sure you can get one :?
"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time." -- Robin Williams
sage36
Honoured Otorian
Honoured Otorian

Postby cnutt on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:03 am

Mr Bill was able to powerlevel to L30 in 6 days, the last 2 being stat days, i believe. So its possible to do it in an expedient amount of time.
<b>Less Hearty, More Ascendy.</b>
cnutt
Ex-Otorian
Ex-Otorian

Postby sage36 on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:56 am

yeah... with clovers every turn and air too probably... kinda expensive....
"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time." -- Robin Williams
sage36
Honoured Otorian
Honoured Otorian

Postby Slashor on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:30 am

With clover prices the way they are it is not viable to use them extensively unless you want to go really fast.
Slashor
Friend
Friend

Postby Imon on Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:39 am

they added 2 more clover adventures to the manor, one for moxie, and one for myst, so that'll be helpful.
Imon
Otorian
Otorian

Postby Tichondrius on Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:53 am

I'm working on the TT trophy ATM. All I've done is Gallerying and Basementing. Non-Combat++ is probably the most important thing you can get in the gallery without clovers. ML++ is handy as well. Clovers will soon be too costly, I suggest stocking up on 'em for resell...It's keeping my meat afloat even though my daily spendings aren't that small...

The Castle would indeed be the second best option IMO, if you're not into the Zodiac Gyms...
ImageImage
Tichondrius
Daimyo
Daimyo

Postby Slashor on Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:53 am

From brief testing the Spooky areas beat the castle hands down.
Slashor
Friend
Friend

Postby Tagliatelle on Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:15 am

I'm so glad I bought a whole load of clovers when they were "only" 2k each... ;-)
Tagliatelle
Shogun
Shogun

Postby Slashor on Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:29 am

I bought my last bunch at that but those are only for the skeleton key.
Slashor
Friend
Friend

Postby Deathless on Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:07 am

/me laughs maniacally

/me buys up clovers
On a quest to catch 'em all! 39/59 familiars so far, next goal is a Cheshire Bat.
Deathless
Otorian
Otorian

Postby Tichondrius on Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:05 am

Oh god yes, buy 'em up and we'll ALL get rich, MWAHAHAHAHAHAH.
ImageImage
Tichondrius
Daimyo
Daimyo

Postby Deathless on Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:33 pm

What I actually think I'm going to do to get the level 30 trophies is meat farm the castle. Meat + stats FTW.
On a quest to catch 'em all! 39/59 familiars so far, next goal is a Cheshire Bat.
Deathless
Otorian
Otorian

Return to The Game Board